This is our richest, heaviest moisturizer of all. This is for elderly, dehydrated skin in the dry winter months. It is also useful if you are healing from a rash. Provides a surge of hydration for very sensitive skin types, including visibly red and irritated skin that is scaly and dry. Optimal for delicate and compromised skin that is resistant to sensitizers and preservatives found in standard moisturizers.
MEDICAL BARRIER CREAM
Product Information: Medical Barrier Cream
Physical Description: White Cream
Please report any adverse events to your health care provider.
Storage and handling information: Store at room temperature.
What is this product used for?
- It is used to moisturize skin.
What do I need to tell my dermatology provider BEFORE I use this product?
- If you have ever had an allergy to moisturizer.
- If you are allergic to any products like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- This product may interact with other drugs or health problems.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I use this product?
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this product.
- Do not put on severely irritated skin.
- Use care when a large part of the skin is involved or where there are open wounds.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by your dermatology provider.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this product while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some side effects that I need to call my dermatology provider about right away?
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this product?
All drugs/skincare products may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your provider or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
- These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your dermatology provider.
How is this product best taken?
- Use this product as ordered by your dermatology provider. Read and follow the dosing on the label closely.
- Do not take this product by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean face before use. Pat dry.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
How do I store this product?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs and skincare products out of the reach of children and pets.
General product facts
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your dermatology provider.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your dermatology provider.
- Talk with your dermatology provider before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your dermatology provider, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
water, white petrolatum, glycerin, meadowfoam seed oil, safflower seed oil, PPG-2 myristyl ether propionate,
hydrogenated polyisobutene, synthetic beeswax, rosa canina fruit oil, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, gluconolactone, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, allium fistulosum bulb extract, alteromonus ferment filtrate, arachidyl alcohol, arachidyl glucoside, behenyl alcohol, bisabolol, butylene glycol, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, carbomer, ceramide AP, ceramide EOP, ceramide NP, cetostearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, hexadecan-1-ol, cholesterol, cyclotetrasiloxane, dimethiconol, disodium EDTA, glyceryl stearate, magnesium salicylate, magnesium stearate, manganese gluconate, meadowfoam estolide, nymphaea alba flower extract, PEG 100 stearate, phytosphingosine, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, sodium benzoate, sodium lauroyl lactylate, sodium palmitoyl proline, triethanolamine, xanthan gum, zinc stearate.
Clinic Dermatology accepts returns for non-prescription items only. Items damaged in transit can be replaced 10 days after date of delivery via phone 425-835-3394.
Prescription items: Prescription items can be clearly identified by the “Rx” label on each individual product. Clinic Dermatology does not accept returns for prescription items.
Non-prescription items: Non-prescription items (i.e. lotions, cleansers, supplements) can be clearly identified by the “non-prescription” label in the product description. Clinic Dermatology accepts returns for these items given the following: product is unopened, undamaged, and in its original packaging. Returns are accepted in-store or online, up to 30 days from the date of purchase. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs. Refunds are processed after the return has been received by Clinic Dermatology. Funds are credited to the origial payment method. If original payment method is no longer available, store credit will automatically be applied to your account.
Special Exceptions: If you believe you qualify for a special exception to our return policy, please contact Clinic Dermatology office via phone.