Topical clindamycin gel 1%. 30 grams. By prescription only.
This anti-acne medicine kills the bacteria that causes acne. It is very gentle for your skin. It is also much cheaper than at your regular pharmacies. Bellevue Acne Clinic has relationship with pharmaceutical wholesalers which gives us access to the best medications at the lowest prices.
Physical Description: clear gel
Please report any adverse events to your health care provider.
Storage and handling information: Store at room temperature.
What is this drug used for?
- It is used to treat pimples (acne).
What do I need to tell my prescriber BEFORE I take this drug?
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your prescriber about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have very sensitive skin.
- This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this drug.
- Tell your prescriber about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your prescriber.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take this drug?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad allergic reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not put on sunburned skin.
- Do not leave this drug on the skin longer than you have been told by your prescriber.
- Use of other skin products while using this drug may cause more irritation.
- Talk with your prescriber before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- Use care when putting on. It may bleach hair or colored fabric.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your prescriber or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
- All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Dry skin.
- Skin irritation.
- Feeling of warmth.
- These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your prescriber.
How is this drug best taken?
- Use this drug as ordered by your prescriber. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you get this drug in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Makeup may be used after the skin has dried.
- If you see this drug or white marks on your skin after you put it on, you may be using too much.
- It may take several weeks to see the full effects.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
How do I store and/or throw out this drug?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from light.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
General drug facts
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your prescriber.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your prescriber.
- Talk with your prescriber before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your prescriber.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Clinic Dermatology accepts returns for non-prescription items only. Items damaged in transit can be replaced 10 days after date of delivery via phone 425-835-3394.
Prescription items: Prescription items can be clearly identified by the “Rx” label on each individual product. Clinic Dermatology does not accept returns for prescription items.
Non-prescription items: Non-prescription items (i.e. lotions, cleansers, supplements) can be clearly identified by the “non-prescription” label in the product description. Clinic Dermatology accepts returns for these items given the following: product is unopened, undamaged, and in its original packaging. Returns are accepted in-store or online, up to 30 days from the date of purchase. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs. Refunds are processed after the return has been received by Clinic Dermatology. Funds are credited to the origial payment method. If original payment method is no longer available, store credit will automatically be applied to your account.
Special Exceptions: If you believe you qualify for a special exception to our return policy, please contact Clinic Dermatology office via phone.